Florida Office
300 S. Daytona Ave., #877, Flagler Beach, FL 32136
 Office: (386) 338-3462 | Fax: (386) 463-5373 

Ohio Office
5533 Southwyck Blvd., Suite 101, Toledo, OH 43614
Office: (419) 867-9966 | Fax: (386) 463-5373
Copyright © 2014 Wynn Law Offices All Rights Reserved.


Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)

The United States allows citizens and legal permanent residents to sponsor family members for immigrant visas or so-called "green cards." Although the process may seem straightforward, there are pitfalls and roadblocks in family-based immigration. The best way to avoid them is by seeking help from an experienced family-based visa immigration attorney. Please contact Wynn Law Office today to learn what I can do to help you and your family. We have helped hundreds of individuals throughout the United States obtain visas for their spouses, parents, children, siblings and fiancés.

CIS routinely issues Requests for Evidence (or RFE's) and Notices of Intent to Deny (NOID's). These must be responded to within the time allotted and should be answered by an attorney. We have vast experience in dealing with these types of cases. The foreigner is under an extreme amount of pressure to respond and respond properly. There are legal burdens that must be met. We know the type and quality of evidence that can be used to overcome those burdens and win the case.

Caring, Experienced, Client-Focused

Family-Based Visas Based on Existing Family Relationships

If you are a United States citizen, you can petition for your spouse, parents, and minor children. Due to a backlog of visas, adult children and siblings can also receive family immigration visas. Spouses and unmarried adult and minor children of green card holders can also come to this country; although their wait time is fairly long. Due to this backlog, it is imperative that foreigners who are permanent residents "upgrade" their status to that of the citizen. Our law firm can help you on your quest for citizenship and naturalization.

There are other requirements besides the family relationship. Either the sponsoring petitioner or a co-sponsor must meet certain income requirements. Also, the foreign national must obtain a medical examination. To ensure a successful resolution to your immigration situation, you should hire an experienced immigration attorney who is committed to providing quality services.

At Wynn Law Offices, we can start the process now to obtain a family-based visa for your family member. If your relative is here in the U.S. there is one set of procedures. Please know that if your eligible family member initially entered the United States illegally, or has overstayed a legal entry, they may have to voluntarily depart to their home country and then process at the consulate in order to return. Removal orders and criminal convictions can also make immigration matters much more complicated and challenging. However, we will do everything possible to overcome those challenges.

Fiancé(e) K-1 Visas

Temporary fiancé(e) visas are available to foreigners planning to marry U.S. citizens. They must apply for the visa and get permission to travel to the U.S. to marry. Once married, they must submit an application for permanent resident status. This is separate from their initial fiancé(e) K-1 visa application.

If you have questions or concerns about family-based visa matters including wait times, work authorization, adjustment of status, returning residents, petition to remove conditional status of your two-year green card, waivers or consular processing, please call (419) 867-9966 today.

Our office has experience working with people from all over the United States. In addition to representing clients in family immigration matters, we also help clients obtain permanent employment visas and temporary work visas.

The Violence Against Women Act

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) created immigration benefits for certain foreigners who have suffered battery or cruelty by their spouse. Qualified individuals may be able to obtain immigration status in two different ways: self-petitions, or applying for cancellation of removal in deportation proceedings. We can help determine whether you qualify for benefits under VAWA, and help you through the process.