Florida Office
300 S. Daytona Ave., #877, Flagler Beach, FL 32136
 Office: (386) 338-3462 | Fax: (386) 463-5373 

Ohio Office
5533 Southwyck Blvd., Suite 101, Toledo, OH 43614
Office: (419) 867-9966 | Fax: (386) 463-5373
Copyright © 2014 Wynn Law Offices All Rights Reserved.

If an immigration judge finds you liable for removal for violations such as entering without being inspected (EWI), overstaying your visit after entering with a visa, or committing a criminal act, you can ask the judge for relief from deportation. There are many forms of relief and they all have requirements for eligibility, meaning your facts have to meet the law for you to have the right to apply for the benefit. Some of these forms of relief from removal will provide you with a "green card" while others will provide you with the opportunity to leave on your own.

Attorney Angela Wynn is an experienced deportation defense lawyer, dedicated to serving the needs of immigrants and their families. With an office based in Toledo, Ohio, we provide effective legal services to clients all over the United States. Anyone in removal proceedings should have a lawyer. Get a lawyer who understands the importance of keeping families together through relief from removal.

There are many forms of relief from deportation or removal. Some of the most common forms of relief from deportation are listed below. Others such as asylum, voluntary departure, and waivers for specific conduct [212(h), 212(i) and 237(a)(1)(H)] are also available. Call Wynn Law Offices at (419) 867-9966 to determine if you are eligible.

Adjustment of Status:
If you entered the U.S. with a visa, were inspected by an officer and are now married to a U.S. citizen and you are in removal proceedings, then there is a chance you can obtain your green card. You will have to prove to USCIS that your marriage is not just for the green card and attend a hearing with the immigration judge.

212(c) Waivers: Former Section 212(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provided a waiver of some criminal offenses including crimes involving moral turpitude, controlled substance issues, etc. This waiver has been changed by the courts several times in the past twenty years, but the essence of it requires a conviction from prior to 1996 and lawful residence of seven years or more. The waiver is discretionary, meaning that you must show the judge you are worthy of their consideration.

212(h) Waiver: This waiver is most commonly used for certain criminal acts when a person is adjusting their status or re-entering the U.S. It can waive crimes involving moral turpitude and convictions for possession of marijuana if less than thirty grams. The waiver does have some eligibility requirements, so it is best to check with your deportation defense lawyer to see if you qualify.

Cancellation of Removal: You have to be eligible and the judge must determine whether they will exercise their discretion and give you your status. Telling the truth at the hearing, good moral character, and whether you deserve the grant of status all factors in.