Employers in the U.S. must ensure that all their employees are allowed to work in the U.S. Work Permits (also known as employment authorization documents, filed with form I-765) are documents issued by the USCIS giving a person legal status to work in the United States of America. They authorize an alien to work in the US for a period of time, usually one year, and are renewable.

U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and conditional permanent residents do not need work permits. Some of the categories that do require work permits include: refugees, students seeking particular types of employment, asylees, fiancées of American citizens, and people in or applying for temporary protected status.

In order to determine whether or not you are in need of a work permit, contact Wynn Law offices at (419) 867-9966 to schedule your free consultation.